thank you


Thank you for sharing your time, curiosity and encouragement.

Please leave a message. I would love to follow you back.

Have a fabulous week!!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baby's and Brides

Wow I'm finally back to blogging....baby's and brides and of course all that's life...what a busy year! Before I get going on my fall fun, I thought I would share a few fun things from Brad and Chelsey's wedding First off she was a beautiful bride and he a handsome groom! This wedding was labeled "Shabby Chic Vintage"...it was a fun one to create for. From repurposing antique furniture to collecting old china it was almost like a full time job! LOL These awesome lace chargers we made..which just the collecting of the 300 plus chargers and lace curtains, was a project in and of itself! After purchasing 3 gallons of Elmer's Washable School Glue - Glue & Adhesives (Google Affiliate Ad) which we used for almost all the projects we had going, that stuff is amazing and can replace modge podge on most everything. The gals that helped to accomplish this daunting feat, I am forever grateful to. I mean lets face it 300 is a big number. We were real good at assembly line.. Janie cut the lace squares...and the gals proceeded with the glue and lace. Beginning with slightly watered down glue @ 2-1 (glue to water) we brushed the glue on to the charger laid on the lace, one more coat of glue, dry and trim......beautiful lace chargers! We collected canning jars like everyone else was also doing, although we covered them with lace, doilies or burlap cuffs. I made too many trips to count to goodwill stores, because they sell their jars for 19 cents each... Deal! Made 600 mini fabric rosettes that were glued onto jute then tied on drinking glasses and vases. Wooden signs out of repurposed fence and pallet boards, some inspired by Pinterest, the rest just came out of need. We used Elmer's Glue again to put a satin coat on the wooden signs for a great looking finish. I can't even begin to cover it all..however it must be said, that part of the fun NOW has been selling it all to brides to be. Although I will not recoup my time effort and money, it is fun seeing the excitement of all these girls I've met who are loving the process of 'collecting treasures' for their special day. And they are thrilled it's already done for them. As for me.... I love that all my treasures are being used again!

No comments:

Post a Comment