This first picture shows 3 carnival looking table pieces.
The first one holding popcorn and cupcakes, is made up of 3 metal pieces that I have no idea what their original use was. Because it is steel, it is heavy enough to not have balance issues. The top 2 pieces Tom welded together for me and they are sitting inside the neck of the somewhat larger base. The support for the plate is a metal rack that fit perfectly over the neck of the base. I then cut a hole in the red plastic wheel (with an electric heat knife cutter) so it too would fit over the neck base,
The popcorn just happen to fit into the top second metal piece that was an after thought. (I didn't paint it aqua as I did the rest of it.) Sorry the pics are not better, although I think you can get the idea.
The metal pieces are sprayed with 2 coats of Valspar paint + primer gloss, in exotic sea. The red plate is slipped over the neck and the top welded piece is inverted into the base neck. I rolled striped paper up the size of a dowel, ( which could have been used as well) this added in the red color we were working with. I found a pack of 2 pinwheels at the dollar store and wahla we have our version of a tilt- o- whirl. The plate is cut tight enough that we could tilt it as a typical tilto whirl. I could have gotten a little more creative with a cool top for the tiltowheel, but I was just running out of time.
Here is my version of the carosel. It again was a conglomiration of objects found and repurposed. the Top Star is a brass candle holder sprayed red gloss. The ribbons are woven through the gold upside down wire basket and anchored on another one of those metal pieces used in the tiltowhirl. The tension of the ribbon all the way around makes the metal piece secure as it sits on the striped lined cardboard piece which I duplicated on the inside also. ( the basket bottom was wire like the basket at the top. ( the liner was needed for a solid surface.) The red bow is again woven through the basket. The wire basket sets on top of a metal vase turned upside down. I didn't have to secure it as it is all sturdy enough that it didnt warrant it.
I cut the 4 center wires of the wwire rack in the middle and bent them up to slip the rack over the vase ( a trick but it worked) I drilled 4 holes on each side of the vase to stick the metal cut wires in to stabilize. (measuring height and position) It was then all sprayed with a glitzy gold spray paint from Lowes. The popcorn cones I made on my silhouette.
This was a very fun project and I think it added some of the carnival flair they were going for.
As a side note... I have sold 2 on ebay, one more to go......whoo hoo!